Greetings everyone!
I have just begun to acknowledge a disturbing trend going on in my household! Prior to Shalyn and I getting married, we had laid out some basic chores that each of us would do so that we could run a peaceful household. Shalyn was given the two things that I wanted nothing to do with: money and cooking. On my part, I was given pretty much every other tasks that exists, including washing the dishes each night. However, things have begun to change with our move down to Texas.
One of the great stereotypes that existed in my mind prior to our move was that grilling was an important thing down there and that everyone did it. I have always enjoyed grilled food and I believe that it gives a flavor that you often miss if you cook on the stove or in the oven. The residents of Swiss Tower are lucky enough to have four grills available to them all day long! So I anticipated a lot of grilling on our part, since we've never had a grill available to us since I moved to Wisconsin.
The second evening of living in Swiss Tower was the first time that we decided to grill. Obviously, I have never grilled before and Shalyn was unfamiliar with grilling as well. However, when I sat there watching her try to turn on the grill, some man-gene kicked in and I left this overwhelming need to take over for her and grill us some food! In the 12 days that we have lived here, I have grilled at least 7 times. Now, here is where the disturbing part comes in! Shalyn has only cooked dinner twice since we moved in!
Clearly an unbalance has occurred in the universe if I am cooking. Doubly so, if I am grilling more often than my wife is cooking. Thus far I have grilled hot dogs, burgers, and brats. Shalyn refuses to acknowledge this shift in the universe and talks about all the PB&J sandwiches she has made for lunch. Really? Really?
Oh boy, I am going to have rethink things here because a disturbing trend is going on!
Until next time!
Michael & Shalyn
No comments:
Post a Comment