Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Look At The Past And Toward The Future

Greetings Friends and Family!

The Dallas skyline, pretty cool
As you are aware, it has been a few days since I have last written a blog post.  Alas!  This will be a
more common occurrence as I become more busy!  Nevertheless, I shall work hard to make sure that I do a weekly update so that you are all in touch with our lives as well work and study hard!  Unfortunately, this means that a majority of posts will be a regurgitation of all the studying and homework that I am doing!  Although, there will be nuggets of gold when I write book reviews and, perhaps, write a theological opinion.

Shalyn is trying to hide from the camera... again
What has happened since I last posted a blog entry?  Well, we moved into a new hotel for three days
and it was a Raddison hotel!  We were lucky enough to receive an upgrade for free and are staying in a two room suite with a full size refrigerator!  The refrigerator matters because Shalyn has to store all of her insulin in a refrigerator to keep them from spoiling.  I am guessing that our suite is probably as large as our apartment is!  I am not going to lie, it is really nice to come home to my wife and have the option of sitting in our king size bed or on one of our couches.

On Monday, Shalyn had her second interview with Dallas Theological Seminary where she is trying to gain employment as the Library Acquisition Assistant.  She really wants that position because she loves working in libraries.  So it is my prayer that she would be granted this position.  As well as her DTS interviews, she had a Skype interview with a company called Savoya for an Operations Analyst position.  Her interview, though short, went very well and she's been asked to come in for a second interview this upcoming Monday!  This workplace is only five minutes away from campus, so it would not be a bad option!

My office building
What about me, you ask?  Well, I am working at a Christian marketing firm in Dallas.  It has been a
major answer to prayer because I got to start a week after arriving here.  It also pays twice as much an hour as the usual part time job so it allows me a lot more income (which translates into what I'll be giving DTS every semester!).  I've just finished my first week with the company and it has been an interesting experience thus far.  I've been acclimating to the expectations, communication and tasks that accompany a marketing position.  Today, my third day, is the first day that I felt like I had a good handle on what was going on.  I am blessed with wonderful co-workers and boss.  I foresee a good time and a blessing.  I get to do a lot of my work from home, though that only begins in a few weeks when I have enough training to manage everything on my own.  One other plus is that I get to work on the 9th floor of a cool office building and we have all glass walls which offer a really cool view of Dallas.

Tomorrow, Shalyn and I are moving into our new
Our living room, as of tomorrow
apartment at DTS!  We are super excited because we got a first floor apartment, which means that we do not need to use the elevator!  I get to have my own study and a dishwasher!  Huzzah!  One of the other perks of being on the first floor is that we get BULLET PROOF GLASS on all of our windows!  Necessary?  Perhaps. To be fair, I hear that there is a bubble around DTS that crime does not really penetrate.  Pray for us tomorrow, Thursday, as we bring the 16 foot trailer down, out of hiding, and unload everything in the heart of Dallas.  It will be a busy afternoon but Shalyn and I are looking forward to having a place of our own again!

Blessings,

Michael and Shalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment