Today has been a low-key day and it was much needed! We spent the day shopping for our hotel apartment that we are keeping while we wait for our actual apartment to become available. It dawns on me that you might not know what our current situation is at the moment. We came down to Texas 10 days before our apartment was ready because I have a work meeting tomorrow and Shalyn has an interview with DTS in the afternoon as well! We are praying that everything will work out well and we would find ourselves fully employed in the next week or two. We hope that you will keep that as your prayer as well.
Well, because of our current situation, we are staying in a studio hotel room that has a kitchen, refrigerator, and all the basic needs that we have. The price is reasonable and the place is clean, so there is not much more that we could ask for. We went to Wal-Mart to buy some groceries for lunch and dinner while we wait and it was interesting to note the small differences that exist between Texan Wal-Marts and Wisconsin Wal-Marts. I won't go into it all right now, but perhaps over the next few weeks, I will start a "Texan Living" comments. I use to do that when I lived in Fennimore and noted all the differences between city and country living.
We are thankful to have Mandi, Tami and Moryam, who have been incredibly helpful in transitioning us into our new Texan life and just good company. We thank God that we know some people, so that we are not lonely or isolated after such a big change in our lives.
I'll save some thoughts for a later post, but let me simply say that Texas traffic is crazy! The road system makes no sense whatsoever and there is horrible congestion on the roads. I told Shalyn that we are not going to be driving many places because it is such a mad house! I am not going to lie, I will be happy when we return the van and trailer and retrieve our nice, small car!
Until next time!
Blessings,
Michael B VanderMeer
No comments:
Post a Comment