Friday, June 7, 2013

Dallas Acclimation

Greetings Friends and Family,

We have a lot going on right now.  In fact, I am concerned that I won't remember to write everything that is currently going on.  However, rest assured that I will get there and tell you all that is happening eventually.

First, I am working for a local Christian marketing firm that is run by a woman who likes to hire Dallas Theological Seminary students.  I believe she does this to help support the seminarians and that we are likely to be hard workers as well.  I did a bit of work this morning for the company, but my first real day will be on Monday.  I had to spend the day working on a price comparison for bids that companies gave us for a large order of banners.  I am left with the impression that no two days of mine will ever be quite the same.

Second, we are staying at an Extended Suite in Dallas for a week, but we have to be out of it by noon on Monday.  Shalyn has been tasked with the responsibility of finding us a new hotel for three more days until our apartment is finally ready.  It would be an understatement to say that we are anxious to move into new apartment and settle into a routine at DTS.  Personally, I cannot wait to get my own office to turn into a "man-cave."

Third, Shalyn had an interview for a library position at DTS last Wednesday and she received a call back for a second interview!  This will take place on Monday at 10 AM and she is incredibly excited to have received a second interview.  She loves the library and it is my prayer that she will receive the position because it is the one place that she has always talked about since I met her.  In fact, I've often encouraged her to enroll in a Master's program for Library Science so that she could be an actual librarian.

Fourth, we had the opportunity today to go swimming for the first time in Dallas.  It was a beautiful day, 86 degrees and sunny.  The pool was cool and refreshing!  What many of you may not know about my wife is that she is a fish!  She loves spending hours in the water and I find it amusing since she dislikes sitting in the sun.  Her face lights up and she gets a mischevious smile on her face every time I mention going for a swim.  One of the blessings of living at Swiss Towers is that we have two pools that she can use.  So, I foresee that we will be spending a lot of our free time pool side.

Continue to keep us in your prayers and that God would use this time at DTS to develop us into strong Christian leaders.

Blessings,

Michael and Shalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment