Saturday, July 6, 2013

North v. South Part 1

Greetings everyone,

This post will be a bit shorter than my typical blog, but that is due to the fact that I am writing it on a whim.  Well, to be fair, I always write on a whim and rarely have a coherent purpose to each blog post.  I thought it would be fun to start a series of blog posts over the course of my time in Texas reflecting and recording on the differences between the North and the South.  It is a pretty crazy experience to say the least!


North
South
My experience
You all
Ya’ll
Everyone says “Ya’ll” down here and I resolutely refuse to comply!
75-85 degree summer
100-115 degree summer
It doesn’t cool down except for a few hours in the early morning.  
The Civil War
The War of Northern Aggression
Sadly, they are still living and fighting the Civil War down here.  
Hamburger comes from cow
You can also get alligator burgers here.
No thank you!
We have a highway or two
There are about 10 highways in Dallas.
The road system is so bad here that my GPS doesn’t know where I am half the time.
McDonald’s
Whataburger
No comment.
Women wear pants
Women wear dresses
It is so hot that most women wear dresses to cope with the heat.
Easy listening music:  classic rock
Easy listening music:  Country
I hear nothing but country down here.  If I have to hear another song about a guy’s truck or dog or girlfriend leaving him, I might explode!
Mullets are thing of the past.
Not so much here.  A little too common.
Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment